Grilled Romaine Salad
- 2 heads of romaine lettuce (just the inner leaves, cut in half lengthwise)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped herbs (parsley, thyme, mint, tarragon)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
Mix together all the ingredients for the dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
For the salad: Brush the romaine halves with olive oil and grill them on a very
hot grill. Get nice grill marks in them but don’t grill them for too long, so they’re
still crispy inside.
Put each half on a plate, pour some ranch dressing over them.
Add tomatoes, blue cheese crumbles and pine nuts and serve immediately.