Warm Kale Salad with Pears, Cranberries, Goat Cheese and Pine Nuts
This recipe includes the following dopamine boosting ingredients: kale and goat cheese.
Chef Sergio believes in making food that is as delicious as it is healthy. While kale might seem scary to some, consider the following information from Mind Body Green.
- Kale is low in calorie, high in fiber and has zero fat.
- Kale is high in iron.
- Kale is high in Vitamin K.
- Kale is filled with powerful antioxidants.
- Kale is a great anti-inflammatory food.
- Kale is great for cardiovascular support.
- Kale is high in Vitamin A.
- Kale is high in Vitamin C.
- Kale is high in calcium.
- Kale is a great detox food.
- 1 bunch kale, washed, drained, cut by hand in little pieces, stems removed
- 2 small pears, not too ripe, peeled and cut in small pieces
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Goat cheese to taste
- Toasted pine nuts to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Apple cider vinegar to taste
Put kale in bowl. In a large hot skillet, mix olive oil, orange juice, cider vinegar and mustard, whisking fast. Add pears and cranberries and cook that for a couple minutes, until pears are beginning to soften and vinaigrette is reduced and thickened.
Toss hot vinaigrette with kale, garnish with goat cheese crumbles and pine nuts and serve immediately.