- 1 lb Turkey Sausage
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 small yellow pepper, diced small
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 small can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup canned white beans, drained but not rinsed
- 12 green beans, cut in small rounds
- 1 medium carrot, diced small
- 1/2 cup sweet peas
- 1/3 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh oregano leaves
In a hot Dutch oven, sauté sausage in olive oil until it’s brown.
In the same pan, sauté the onions, garlic and yellow peppers for 3 minutes. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Add the chicken stock, tomatoes. Bring to boil, then lower the heat to simmering, cover and cook for 30 minutes.
Add the white beans, green beans and carrot and cook for 10 more minutes. Add the peas, cook 3 more minutes. Add the basil and oregano. Season to taste.